Definitions of culture
Definitions of 'culture' vary in both complexity and the attributes that are emphasised.
- Some examples are:
- A culture is a LIFESTYLE shared by a large GROUP of people
- Culture is what is TAUGHT by a large GROUP to its members
- Culture is the FILTER through which we see 'reality'
A culture is identified when a large group of people share a distinctive set of:
- Manners (CUSTOMS, practices, rules)
- Morals (VALUES, BELIEFS, norms)
- ARTS (visual, literary, performing, aural, etc)
- Traditions including KNOWLEDGE and HISTORY